Launch of 'Village Lives'
Village Lives is a marvellous book, containing a host of interesting articles which were published in the Parish News between 1975 and 2009. It gives a vivid picture of life in the villages of Woodland, Broadhempston, Staverton, Landscove and Littlehempston, their inhabitants, the society and the social changes that have occurred in relatively few years. The Parish News editors were keen to preserve and present the social history just sitting there modestly within all these magazines. Suitable local photos have been included in the presentation. The book can be purchased here (all proceeds donated to the Parish news organisation) or click here for a downloadable pdf of the book.
Small Playing Field
Is now open. GUIDELINES FOR SMALL PLAYING FIELD PLAY PARK FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL USERS:
1. Parents must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children and others.
2. This equipment is checked regularly for damage, wear and tear, but is NOT SANITISED OR DISINFECTED.
3. This is shared equipment, USED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
4. Do not use this equipment if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating.
5. Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before entering this play area.
6. Encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands with hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before and after using the play area.
7. Encourage children to avoid touching their faces.
8. You MUST maintain social distancing, 2m, from others unless they are from the same household and consider wearing a face mask.
9. Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment.
10. Try to avoid busy times.
11. If your family is wearing disposable PPE, please take it home with you or where provided use the bins – DO NOT LITTER.
12. Wash your hands when you get home.
13. Those considered vulnerable are requested not to use the equipment.
14. Should you have symptoms of COVID-19 within two weeks after using the play area you must inform the Parish Clerk.
Please report any problems with the facilities to the Parish Clerk on:
07706 999 256.
New Parish Clerk
Please join us in welcoming a new parish clerk for Broadhemspton: Laura Carus. We wish Rachel all the very best in her new role as Town Clerk in Crediton. Laura can be contacted on: 07706 999256.
For up to date information, tailored to Devon, please head to Devon County Council's website: